Louisiana Cycle Menus Fit for Kids
Attention Child Nutrition Leaders!
Louisiana Cycle Menu Fit for Kids! Menu and Recipe Collection Project
Help us to create a database of Child Nutrition Menus and Recipes in Louisiana.
Make sure your district/agency/region is represented!
- Pennington Biomedical Research Center is helping the Louisiana Department of Education create a dynamic and innovative database of recipes and cycle menus.
- This on-line resource will help Louisiana Child Nutrition Programs meet state and USDA federal nutrition standards for school breakfast and lunch programs.
- We also hope to provide ideas and inspiration for nutrition leaders in our state.
- Our database is only as good as your menus and recipes.
- Once we receive your menus and recipes, an advisory committee of child nutrition leaders from across Louisiana will be formed. The committee will help to review and evaluate the menus and recipes based on ease of preparation, cost considerations, equipment, and taste acceptance.
- We need your help!
Here is what we would like you to do:
- Go to your computer and locate your best week of menus and your top 10-20 recipes and/or food items. Please include the nutrition information. Consider: cost, taste, ease of preparation, procurement etc…
- Think about:
- Student’s favorite
- Regional favorite
- Staff favorite
- Best grab ‘n go breakfast item
- Most colorful
- Best heat and serve items
- Best scratch cooking item
- Recipe you’d like to revise
- Send ALL the files (menus and recipes) to us using our drop box:
- You may attach multiple files at one time.
- Please make sure your district/parish is listed on the document and/or file name.
- If you would like to provide commentary about your menus or recipes please do so in the “message section” after clicking the link above.
- If you have photos of the prepared recipe or food item, you may attach them as well.